Gates Gets Them Out
Animals We Service
European Starlings In Exhaust Vents
Starlings cause the infestation of insects, disturbing noises and unpleasant odours resulting from their feces. Their preference is to nest in the stove and bathroom exhaust vents. The warm, dry, secluded shelter provides protection from other animals and humans, making it a safe place to live.
AAA Gates' Wildlife Control will arrive at your home, conduct a thorough inspection and provide you with a free estimate outlining the work necessary to solve the wildlife intrusion. During the nesting season, the first step is to evict the adult starlings before accessing the nest containing the baby birds. After the adults have been removed the next step is to install a heavy galvanized steel screen over the outside vent opening, ensuring that the vent flaps continue to function normally. All repair work is backed by our Gates one to ten year guarantee, supported by our over 35 years in business.
Retrieving the nest and babies can often be a very involved process. In the event that the nest is in the vertical section of the stove vent pipe in the cupboard, the pipe needs to be dismantled to get at the nest and baby birds. During this process a high quality dust mask must be worn to prevent the breathing of potentially harmful dried feces and feather dust.
In keeping with its humane approach to solving wildlife intrusions Gates Wildlife Control developed a unique approach to reunite the parent starlings with their babies. To do this, the babies are placed in a release jug, fashioned in such a way to keep the babies inside yet allowing continued access by the adult starlings to feed their young. Once the babies have reached flying age they will leave the jug on their own.
Call Gates' Wildlife Control today to humanely solve your wildlife problem and to wildlife proof your home.
Do It Yourself Dangers
For the "do-it-yourselfer", performing wildlife removal and animal proofing can be a dangerous undertaking and best be left to an experienced professional. Over the years we have come across customers who attempted to do-it-themselves, only to sustain serious bodily harm by falling off ladders and roofs. One customer, startled by an aggressive mother raccoon fell through their ceiling onto the staircase below and broke his back.